Once a user comes to know that their Facebook account is hacked or any one is trying to contact them using a Fake account, they should immediately report the issue to stay secure.
A Facebook account should only represent the person to whom it belongs, and only that person should have the rights to access that account. Still, if user’s account is hacked or if anyone else has created an account like your profile and pretended to be you, then you should report the issue as soon as you realize it or look for many other Facebook help options. Even though your account is not hacked, but you suspect an account to be Fake then also you should consider it as a responsibility to highlight the issue to the Facebook team.
First of all, one should have a sound knowledge to identify the hacking of a Facebook account. So go through the following parameters that will help you in determining if the account is hacked or not:
- Look if the email and password are same or not.
- Check if your name or birth date have been altered.
- Is there any friend request sent to the unknown person whom you even don’t know.
- Check if any unwanted message, that was not typed by you is sent out from your account.
- Unnecessary posts have been made from your account.
Once you come to know that account is hacked, you should report the issue to Facebook to get a guide for changing the password. You can also contact Facebook support for trouble shooting the problem. Also in future, you should keep your account secure to prevent hacking. So go through the following steps to learn safe keeping of Facebook account:
- Never use the Facebook password as the password for any other account, make sure it’s unique and different.
- Do not share the password with anyone.
- Never make the commonly used words and names a part of your Facebook password.
- Try to enable additional security features offered by Facebook. For example notification for all Facebook logins to an unknown device, allow the option for “Log me out on all devices.”
- Always remember to log out of devices whenever you are signed in using a shared device. In case you forget to Logout then try to log out remotely by using the option for it present under settings menu of your account.
- Always use an antivirus on your computer or any other device you use for logging into your Facebook account.
Go through the following steps to report an impersonation or the issue if anyone pretends to be you:
- Open the profile of impersonating account. If you are unable to find the account, then find it by typing the name in the search field or ask your other friends to send you a link for that impersonating account.
- Try to view the cover photo of that account and locate the icon for three horizontal dots.
- Click on that icon with three horizontal dots.
- It will show the available list of options, so select the option for “Report.”
- Now you will be guided with the on-screen guide, so follow the instructions correctly to complete the process of Filing a report.
So these were few tips to deal with hacked Facebook account along with the procedure to report issues. Hope you find it helpful in resolving the issue. Also, remember that Facebook Tech Support is always available to address all your issues quickly.